Volunteer with Us
Why Volunteer at JUC?
JUC offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities to suit various interests and time commitments. Whether you’re looking for a one-time project or an ongoing commitment, there’s a place for you in our volunteer community. Some of the areas where you can get involved include:
Extend warm hospitality to visitors and newcomers, ensuring everyone feels welcome. Helping to make sure services run smoothly is a great way to meet people and learn about what goes on behind the scenes on Sundays.
It takes a village to make Sunday Worship Services run smoothly at JUC. Will you join the team?
- Greeters – Greet people as they enter, help them find anything they may need including children’s classroom, and guide them to sign the visitor sign-in if they are new.
- Ushers – Greet those going into sanctuary, pass the offering bowl during ceremony, count and sign for money after service.
- Hosts – make coffee, setup the refreshment area, clean up after and connect with people during the coffee hour after services
Family Ministry Team
Help nurture the spiritual growth of our youth by volunteering in our Faith Exploration programs. Contact Sarah Billerbeck, Director of Faith Exploration, to find your best fit.
- Teachers – Lead or assist in children’s ministry classes/activities
- Childcare – Help our littlest ones during the service and keeping them safe
- Helpers – provide assistance to teachers, staff, and parents during service or events
Meal Ministry Team
Breaking bread together fosters community. To help nourish the bodies of our members, contact Emily Bonadore, Membership Coordinator.
- Cooks – Help provide meals during church events or classes
- Planners – Help create the ideas and organize the meals as needed
- Cleanup/Setup – Arrive to help clean up or setup before and after events that had food
Social Justice Council
Join efforts to address issues like racial justice, climate action, housing, immigration, and more.