JUC COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Given the improving COVID situation, Jefferson Unitarian Church will authorize the resumption of church-related activities if they can adhere to the following guidelines. These guidelines are intended to minimize the harm resulting from exposure to COVID-19 during church-related activities.
If you are able to be vaccinated, JUC encourages you to do so, in respect for the interdependent web of all existence. You can find resources on becoming vaccinated here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine-providers
If you are unable to get vaccinated at this time, please use your best judgement about attending in-person events. Online options for worship services will be available. JUC staff members are currently evaluating the feasibility of multi-platform options for other programming.
Strategies for Safety
Based on the latest guidance from the CDC, the Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment, and the Jefferson County Public Health Department, JUC events must follow the following guidance:
- The event coordinator must submit a list of event attendees with contact information to the church after an event occurs, to provide accurate contact information for contact tracing, should exposure occur.
- For outside events, masks are required for unvaccinated participants. If you are fully vaccinated (it has been two weeks or more since your last shot in your vaccination series), you may remove your mask outdoors.
- For indoor events, masks are required for participants.
- All gatherings onsite at JUC will be capped at 20 participants.
As we continue to resume more activities at JUC, we will not be able to ensure social distancing given the size of our church. If you are unvaccinated, please be advised that we cannot ensure that there will be ample space for social distancing if you choose to attend an in-person gathering at JUC.
Offsite gatherings are allowed, and we encourage those coordinating offsite events to choose venues that allow for the added safety measure of social distancing.
- If any attendee develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the meeting, you commit to notifying Jefferson Unitarian Church ASAP, by emailing email@example.com
- JUC will be responsible for notifying all other attendees, while maintaining your privacy.
- If the COVID-19 Dial Status for Jefferson County increases to Level Yellow or higher, the JUC safety team will have an emergency meeting and determine if we can continue to support events. You will be notified of our decision ASAP by a JUC staff member.
Planning an Event
- Please use this online form to schedule any event – at JUC or off-site. We will need one person designated as Event Coordinator, who will be in charge of ensuring safety measures are taken.
- Events on campus MUST BE scheduled on the main calendar.
- Please use this form for contact tracing.
- The designated Event Coordinator will distribute the sign up form, and will notify all participants that if they contract COVID-19 in the next 14 days, they will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Designated Event Coordinator will also be responsible for gaining access to the church.
Before Coming to JUC Events
- If you or someone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms, or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past two weeks, DO NOT attend a JUC event. These symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Unusual fatigue
- Muscle or body aches
- New or unusual loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If you or someone in your household meets the CDC definition of “at risk” you are encouraged to stay home and stay safe.
- In the event of inclement weather, JUC can allow outdoor events to move inside.
- Inclement weather includes, but is not limited to:
- Temperatures below 45 degrees during class times
- Active tornado warning
- If a sudden storm arises, you may move inside JUC to the sanctuary, where adequate social distancing can be maintained for unvaccinated participants. Masks must be worn inside.